To help our mission in Nicaragua with many special needs outside of our budget, I am offering a beautiful Carved Asian Flute Set made in my shop.
In the Asian Flute Set you will get:
1) Oriental Flute: inspired by the Japanese Shakuhachi the carved artwork was the symbol used by Henry and Hellene Berger used in her business from 1878 to 1926 to describe their work. Some said it meant faithfull service. They were the folks that brought early bamboo from Japan to the USA. Pentatonic scale.
2) Deep Kokin: Inspired when a flute collector gave me the scale to make him a set. A very Japanese sounding flute that we had stopped selling some years ago. The Artwork is an Asian fish.
3) Deep In-Sen Flute: The In-Sen flute has the old Japanese Koto scale created by Yat-su-hashi Ken-gyō, a blind musician-composer from Kyoto Japan, who was born in 1614. He adopted this scale to be played on the stringed Koto. Yatsuhashi who is known today as the father of the Koto, died in 1685. But his old Koto scale lives on in this flute and is ready to fill your special place with the music of ancient Japan. The In-Sen Flute is made from my home-grown bamboo which first came to Florida from Japan back in the mid 1880's.
4) Medium In-Sen Flute: A higher version of the above flute. The Story: I stepped out of a room in my shop and a dusty basket full of stuff fell to the floor behind me. I turned around to see what had happened and cleaned up. But from inside that basket a discarded flute was still laying on the floor. I picked it up and noticed the word In-Sen written on it. Curious, I dusted the flute and played it and to my amazement, the room filled with an atmosphere of ancient Japan.
5) MediumKokin: A higher version of #2. Inspired by notes played in an old Japanese musical. The Japanese writing on this flute means Taiho Chiku an old Japanese name for our bamboo, that was first mentioned in Florida in 1886.
6) Chinese Flute: Inspired by a professor who commissioned me to take an Asian scale to make a flute for a stage production. Pentatonic with an extra note.
7) The Jiahu Crane Flute: Inspired by a 9,000 year old archeological find in a potter's community in Henan China where flutes were unearthed made from the bones of cranes. Pentatonic.
8) Also a beautiful Flute Bag with pockets and adjustable strap.
SELECT ANY AMOUNT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE IN THE NEXT STEP.
Every donation makes a difference, so Thank you for getting involved!
Monthly Recurring Gift
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY! Make sure to stay updated to our progress by checking our Website and following us on Facebook. If you have more questions or you would like to get involved contact us here.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device